Thursday 11 February 2010

Unexpected boosts...

Don't get me wrong; I love my blog. It gets most of my creative attention, as soon as I've checked my e-mail it gets top billing whenever I switch on the computer (which is still going 'buzz buzz buzz' by the way, but I'm ignoring that until I get back to the UK in the next week or so. Just call me an ostrich) and it's far far cheaper than therapy.

But as you may already know, I write elsewhere as well. And thank god for it. Because on a day like today, when nothing seems to be going right and tetchy conversations that are unrepeatable on the blog (if I want to maintain a steady course in my marriage) are the order of the day, nothing lifts the spirits like checking elsewhere and finding that a piece I wrote a couple of months back and had forgotten all about, is now online.

And that, despite everything, it still manages to make me smile...

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodie! Glad something has cheered you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little twinkle at the end of a tunnel is always a welcome sight. Glad you saw one today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how to resist the computer at stupid o'clock? that, dear hamlet, is THE question. night after night i kick myself that i could have gone to bed earlier... but i never do!

    enjoying hearing about moscow btw.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...