Wednesday 3 March 2010

The Gallery















I'm taking part in Tara at Sticky Finger's photo Gallery and the prompt for this week is 'Beauty'.

I've been lucky enough to visit some beautiful places and have even - occasionally - remembered to take my camera out of my bag to record them. The picture above was taken from a water plane over the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and I think it fits this week's theme perfectly.

One of these days I may even get around to printing it out so that I can look at it in the depths of our Russian winter and remind myself of a time when I was warm!


11 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Am very very jealous. The Great Barrier Reef from on high - hmm, I'm thinking you're going to be the only entry with that impressive title!
    Thanks so much for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another bottom getting bigger with envy here comment. I can still dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Somewhere I would love to go. seeing these summer pictures in the depth of our snowy winter is really heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought at first glance that those were snowy wastelands, and I assumed it was Russia somewhere! I suppose the writing on the plane should have been a clue... (but I read your post before I bothered to make the writing out).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just look at the colour - makes me feel all warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty indeed. I've always wanted to visit the Great Barrier Reef, it's stunning. You are very lucky.
    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous - boy would I love to do a dive there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture, such a shame Husband couldn't find employment Downunder . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. What are we doing in ex-communist east Europe. Surely we should be doing our expat times somewhere sensible like there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Just gorgeous! One day I'll get there...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...