Sunday 16 May 2010

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

So I checked in on the British Mummy Bloggers Ning today to have a trawl through some new members (oh yes, it's me, that visitor from Russia who appears on your stats page every now and again), and happened to glance at the number of members.

1308.

One thousand, three hundred and eight.

That's pretty impressive for a network that started with 5 members just over a couple of years back. (Susanna, I bow down before you). And there are some amazing writers in that number - so many in fact that my consumption of rubbish paperbacks has declined by about 90% since I started reading them all. Lots of them are recent additions to the Ning, but some are not, and it occurred to me that things have changed since I started blogging. I mean, when I first dipped my toe in the water, it was easy to find people to follow; you just simply checked the blogroll of other bloggers, and zero'ed in on those listed that you liked.

Nowadays though, with the vast numbers of us putting our thoughts out there, it's not that simple, so I thought that this week I would highlight one of my long-term favourites who I personally think is fantastic, but who some more recently active bloggers might not yet have picked up on.

(Of course, that's just my personal opinion - that she's fantastic - but then, isn't this post always?)

So this week's recommendation is that you check out Milla at Country Lite. She writes of her blog that it is mainly:

'Being the kind and wise thoughts of one who lives overlooking a field but within ten minutes of Waitrose, featuring E, T12 and F10 and far too much of a ghastly bag of fur called Lolly.'

Check out her accounts of dealing with blown fuse in her car if you have a moment and have been practising your pelvic floor exercises so are not too worried about laughing really hard. (Please note: she doesn't post as much as I might like. And yes, Milla, that is a hint.)

For the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too...)

6 comments:

  1. wow, thanks so very much, dear Potty. Blushing like mad (not a pretty sight these days), you've made an old girl very happy.
    Спасибо

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip - I'm off to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! Thanks so much for continuing to do this for BMB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milla - very impressed (with the Russian, obviously...). And it was a pleasure.

    Kitty, hope you like it.

    Modern, you know I'm an addict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just been hoping all day that that Russian made sense and wasn't some nasty suggestion to enlarge your penis or send money to ailing Nigerian widows. Seems not. Thanks again, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should really go over and find out what a ning is...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...