Tuesday 15 June 2010

Works by the Artist as a Young Man...

I went to an art show by Boy #1's year at his school yesterday. It was great; all the art that they had spent the last term creating, all on display for proud parents to gaze at. There were a number of themes and artists referenced, but what I found particularly interesting were the titles that the children gave their works.

There were plenty of sweet, pretty titles around. My son's offerings however, whilst many and varied, tended to centre around a ubiquitous theme of 'boy art', and included the following:

Collage of white on black paper: Flower of DOOM ('if you enter it, you get thrown in jail or eaten...')
Seeds on paper: Lightning bolt ('it can destroy anything, even metal, even glass...')
Batik: Dragnoid and Drago* having a Meeting ('and they're going to Kill the baddies in a trap')

... and I leave you with the following 3d masterpiece, titled 'Flower of Scariness'- which I think needs no explanation from either myself or Boy #1:




















*Bakugan characters. Obviously.

4 comments:

  1. He did a wonderful, expressive job. You should be very proud of him. The child has soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have just one question: ho long before it ends up in the recycling bin?

    Sorry, such a cynic. My daughter actually writes me notes now (quote) "Dear Mummy plese do not put in resiclin".

    Oops.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nora. Have to admit that I was a little worried but just reminded myself that he is proper 'boy' with an active imagination...

    LCM, oooh yes, definitely a cynic. (And I give it two weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flower of Doom! That's fantastic. Go Boy 1.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...