Sunday 6 February 2011

It wasn't like that when I was a girl...

Lordy, the times they are a-changing.

Firstly, I read this post by Lindsay Ferrier on 'bare-floor' teens that showed me just how behind the curve I really am (note; whilst the post itself is illuminating, it's the comments box that you especially need to check out). And then yesterday we had a new arrival Chez Potty.

This is GT. She arrived via a partybag (well, of course she did; she's a party kind of girl) in a Lego Minifigures pack.





















Since she's arrived she's made my older son cry (because she wasn't a cowboy), made my younger son giggle (because she's wearing lipstick & has boobies - nothing wrong with his powers of observation then - although I knew that already...), and made my Husband and I suspect that someone on the Lego design team is having one hell of a laugh right now. (Seriously, I used to work with toy designers; I know their sense of humour first-hand).

She's also caused me to check out the cast list of Baywatch on Wikipedia (neither Husband nor I could remember Pamela Anderson's character's name, which was CJ in case you were wondering), and to need to explain to my sons that the red thing she's carrying is a flotation device whilst simultaneously withholding the fact that the original woman on which this doll was modelled had no need of such things since she had two inbuilt flotation devices all of her very own...

And to ask the question; am I imagining this, or is she REALLY wearing a swimsuit with a thong?





















See what I mean?

17 comments:

  1. I am not saying a word... but I bet she doesn't work at a pool or the local beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I think I may have seen her at the ice hole in the lakes near our house in Moscow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord! What on earth is the purpose of this? I'm speechless. I mean, a Barbie doll yes, but Lego? All wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looks like one that slipped through the net when Lego was doing the quality control checks......

    bet it gave your boys a laugh, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeew, check out the camel's foot! and yes, that's a thong...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope definitley not in my lego set when I was young adn now thinkig I must frantically check with teh boys lego....seriusly disturbed of Suffolk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahh!

    Sorry! Am agape! A lego figure in a thong?!

    Absolutely hilarious. Couldn't make it up! Thank you so much for posting!

    ps won't she get awfully cold in Moscow?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! Things have changed since the days when Cindys and Barbies used to wear evening dresses all day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word! Things have changed since the days when Cindys and Barbies used to wear evening dresses all day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny. I'm glad you told us about the flotation device. Was wondering what that was.

    GT? Gina Tonic?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's the red frame-like object that goes up her sides and across her shoulders?

    ReplyDelete
  12. EPM, wrong, wrong, wrong. But good blog post fodder, when all's said and done.

    NVG, well not Boy #1 who still shuns her due to her lack of being a cowboy...(hmmm)

    Pig, only you would mention the camel's foot...

    TW, so did you find anything?

    PlanB, luckily our central heating is pretty good. Although maybe not swimsuit good...

    WofAM, they certainly have!

    Iota, could be G&T. Could also be - let's see - Got txts...(listen like I said, I know toy designers. It's possible.) As for the frame, that's just her body where the paint job hasn't been carried through to the sides. Classy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, even a lego figure with that mch hair looks all wrong. Tho since reading yr link to lindsay ferrier, I wish I hadn't said that......It made me feel very very old & out of touch. I hadn't even heard the term 'bare floor' (Brazilian yes of course)but then I guess at 44 I am a dinosaur. My teenage friends and I never used to be preoccupied with such things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so funny. It's a thong, I like to think it's a thong

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a thong!

    What has happened to Lego since I was a child???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa. I was thinking it might be time to get Charlie some lego... guess not!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...