Thursday 7 April 2011

Potski Spring Watch and a little local drama..

So I promised it, and here it is; the 2nd week of the 'Potski Front Flower Bed Spring-Watch' series. Catchy title, huh?

Just to refresh your memory, this was last week's shot.

And here is this week's shot.














Hmmm.

A bit less snow, a few more scrubby plants showing through. I know, I know, I promised you action. I promised you explosive adventure, Nature-style. Well hold your horses, it will come, I promise. Just not quite yet...

But wait! What's this? An everyday drama unfolding before our very eyes! Look, just there at the front of the flower bed. (Click on the photo and look for the only spots of colour amongst the varying shades of grey)














Mr Everyman has been stopped on the side of the road by the police. Oh foolish Mr Everyman! What were you thinking, driving such a swanky car to the office? Don't you know it makes you a target? Probably, that's just what the nice friendly police officer is about to tell him. (And note how Mr Everyman is shielding his face from the camera. He's been around the bloc before, that's for sure...)















Yes, that's right, see? The nice friendly police officer (who seems to have lost his hat, how unfortunate), is taking Mr Everyman to sit in the police jeep to continue their conversation somewhere quieter.
















There you are; Mr Everyman is safely on his way back to his vehicle (and no doubt to his girlfriend GT waiting for him in the passenger seat). No drama, no problems.















His wallet might be unaccountably lighter, but he can probably afford it. Well, you have to expect that, when you make yourself a target by driving a flashy car like that...


Note: All events depicted are completely fictional and bear no relation to anyone's reality...

And if you're wondering 'why the dog?' well, this is Moscow. There's ALWAYS a dog around somewhere.


Oh, and want to join in the 'Front Flower Bed Spring-Watch' fun? (I must do something about that title). Feel free to add your post to the McLinky which I will add below just as soon as they've acknowledged receipt of my subscription (why is nothing ever easy?).



6 comments:

  1. Luckily the notion of posting a link is beyond me, so that's three hours of tears and iphone rage spared. Love the swanky car scenario but oh the snow! Our garden's a riot of naughty colour. Blingy and fab as spring should be. A sea of nauseous yellow and a big fat sun in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milla - even more luckily, I still can't get Linky Tools to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have tooooo much time on your hands! This is not a complaint however, I love the use of toy-figure-dramas, but we'll be expecting another one next week, you know.

    PS I suspect that asking us UK types to join in your bed-watch photographs is just going to depress you... I nearly have aquilegia blossoms for crying out loud...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love it! you can tell you are the mother of two boys!! next instalment next week please....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to pay for McLinky? That's extortion! Forget the other stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've forgotten about spring because I live in a garden of permanent blooms. It's actually rather dull. Looking forward to more seasonal living when we move (though not quite so much that I'm prepared to endure snow).
    I LOVE the Lego scenarios.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...