Monday 4 April 2011

Too good not to share..

This post is written about one of my sons. I'm not going to identify which, although long-term readers probably won't have too many problems working that out, and I'm going to write it in code so that it doesn't show up on any unpleasant searches but again, I don't think - if you have children - that you'll need an enigma machine to work this one out...


Me: "OK, time to get out of the bath now."

Unspecified son climbs gingerly out of the bath. It is immediately apparent why.

Me (choosing to ignore said reason) "Right, let's get you dry..."

Unspecified son: "Look. "

Me: "Yes, I see..."

Unspecified son (very seriously): "I think, I think, that it just wants to... take a look around..."

Me (keeping an amazingly straight face under the circumstances): "Yes, you're probably right."

Unspecified son: "It does that sometimes. And then it just goes back to sleep."


So wise, so young.

12 comments:

  1. hahaha awww gotta love the innocence! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well, so far Charlie isn't really that curious about what goes on in that area but is bound to be soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how he described it! (He and Littleboy 1 would probably get on well (see current post....).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I've been reading your blog for quite a while now and I'm sure I know which Boy it was! Mine are considerably older than yours, so I don't get nearly as many delicious comments as I used to...wonderful laugh for the morning....perhaps I should share this with my own sons...(14 and 17) just for some perspective....nope. Low-comedy scenes already much too prevalent at our dinner table as it is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. f: I do. Shame it won't last long...

    Sparx, well, you never know; the other boy in the family is much less 'aware' shall we say. Or perhaps just quieter about it all.

    NVG; I have absolutely no doubt they would get on like a house on fire!

    MsCaroline, thanks for delurking and yes, probably best to keep this one to yourself. You have a whole lifetime of low-brow comedy ahead (if my family life is anything to go by...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have those incidences occasionally. Thank God infrequently so far. But I do like the 'just looking around' line. I'll bet many men would like to be able to offer the same excuse.

    (Oh and sorry, Emma-Jane was me posted under the wrong pseudonym)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "take a look around"... yup...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be curious to see if he uses this same phrase when older and dating girls.

    "Just having a look around..."

    Love it.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that, in a nutshell, is why the prospect of having a boy is terrifying me....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOM, I'll bet they would, too!

    Iota, you recognise that too, huh?

    LCM, it's just a matter of time.

    PlanB, but it's so much FUN! (Did that sound convincing enough?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am laughing! Brilliant. We found out little girl in the bath with her brothers electric toothbrush...enough said? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...