Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Gallery Wk 84: My Awesome Photo

This post is for Week 84 of Tara's Gallery. Click here to see all the other awesome photos...

The prompt for this week's Gallery is 'My Awesome Photo'. Before I started to write this post, I decided to go over to Tara's blog and check out some of the other entries. Big mistake. One might almost say 'awesome' mistake. There are some (no, am not going to use the 'a' word again - 4 times in the first two paragraphs would be too much, even for me) fantastic, incredible photos on there.

I can't compete, clearly. I mean, I could compete, but only if I was prepared to show you photos of my family, which is not possible, however much I want it to be. (If I'm honest, my natural competitiveness might have won out if unchecked, and I have would picked one of many 'awesome' photos of my sons, but since Husband reads this blog occasionally and I have faithfully promised him I would never cross that line, no dice.)

So then I thought, which photo to choose? There are a number of contenders, most of which have appeared on this blog before, but I decided to go with one that hasn't. It's not deep and meaningful, with a sense of the brooding menace that one often finds here - like this one - or visually interesting - like this one. It's simply an image that I took whilst on holiday in Croatia this summer, which I think works. I hope you like it, too.














11 comments:

  1. Awesome indeed, PM. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good enough photo in my book. It's very tranquil and reminds me of kinder weather. That's a good thing right now. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful because its three D which I haven't learned to do yet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the blue of the sea is so vibrant!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great photo. I love the colour of the ocean, so blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a striking photo the colours are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours in this shot, lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blues in your picture! I have been reading your blog for quite a while now (I am just shy with the commenting thing). I wanted to share your blog with my blog readers so I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award in my latest post. Feel free to stop by and check it out if you wish. Cheers and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So serene and peaceful. I love the other pictures that you linked to as well. You have a great talent.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...