Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Gallery; Light


This post is for Wk 96 of Tara's Gallery; click here to see all the other entries.

The prompt for this week's Gallery is 'light'. When I saw it I knew straight away which photograph I wanted to use, but couldn't decide whether to use the colour or black & white version, as both seem to work. So I've used both, and I would be interested to hear any thoughts you might have on which works better in the comment box.

I took this photograph a couple of weeks ago in Tblisi, Georgia. At the time, I was trying to capture the colour of the buildings on the right, and didn't even notice the shadows on the wall to the left. It was only when I looked at it again after the holiday, on the full screen, that I noticed them. Now, I think they may even be the point of the photo. What do you reckon?

(Click on the photos to bring up a larger version)


































8 comments:

  1. Nice shot - that quite often happens to me. I take a pic of one thing, but the important thing is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big black shadow is great actually. Even more striking to the photo than the trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions are gorgeous, though I think the black and white really captures the atmosphere x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hannah, but I think that you should take me there so I can check out the place for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the big black shadow on the right is a shame. I do like the shadows of the trees on the left. The buildings on the right seem very interesting and would have been better left unblemished. But hey, that's just my humble opinion. I'm just one of those Dutch people and you know how we are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. I love the black and white shot, the contrasts and shadows just look amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black and white one best, looks surreal x

    ReplyDelete
  8. its a great photo in both colour and black and white, so intresting the shape of the building, the shadows everything x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...