Monday 10 December 2012

So it turns out I'm not the only writer in this family...

My sister-in-law gave birth to a baby boy this morning.  We are all thoroughly delighted for my brother and his wife (who, by the way, looked like a supermodel in the photo taken moments after the birth which my brother sent me) and right at this moment in time I have to admit that Moscow seems even farther from the UK than usual.

The Boys are equally delighted, and this evening when Boy #1 came to do his homework, which included free writing for 20 minutes, there was only one topic he was interested in. Here is what he wrote;


"I have a new baby cousin today.  His name is James John xxxxx.  He was born 1 minute after 7am.  James weighs 3.2kilos.  He was a good size for a two weeks early baby.  James got a nickname, that was xxxxx.  I do not expect him to play football straight away.  He is very cute.  He only see's black and white things.  James has to crawl on his legs and hands because he is very young. I think he is going to be very smart. My uncle and aunt were very happy but also a little shocked. I think that xxxxx is going to let his beard, when he gets one, grow as thick as his dads. I can't wait to go there at Christmas. Maybe he will have the same colour hairs as his father."


Welcome to the world, James!

7 comments:

  1. Good that the footballing expectations for a newborn baby are low. In any case, if the ball wasn't black or white, it would be a non-starter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree. Better have high expectations as a writer than the next Messi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iota, yes. I think the black & white thing was meant to read 'things in black & white' - but I'm sure we all got that.

    Mika, so true. Especially given my family's lack of natural talent for sports!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he already crawls on his hands and legs - he will definitely be a footballer - and your son will definitely be the best cousin EVAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanie - it will be interesting to see if he and his brother are heroes to their cousin in the same way their 7 year older cousin is to them...

    EB, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get the black and white thing, but it made for an amusing few minutes when I was trying to look around me and imagine what the world would look like if you literally only saw the black and white things. There'd be a lot of blank space, wouldn't there?

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...